I know, but they hire paid editors from the proofreader pool, and with no formal experience, it was a way for me to get my foot in the door, and I thought it might be for someone else, too.
That's a fair point. Still, it seems to me they ought to offer some pay, beyond an in-house discount. But if it's been beneficial to you, that's good. (Would you be willing to share what their rate is for editors? I've been meaning to contact some other publishers to see about getting additional work.)
I dont disagree; proofreading is work and it can be time-consuming. And frustrating, when you're used to reading quality fanfic and a lot of the traditionally published stuff is so much poorer. I don't mind sharing, although I'd rather send you an email. Can you return the favor? Dreamspinner is my only experience in the field, and I've been thinking about seeking more work too, and wondering how they stack up against other publishers.
I'm chemm80 @ gmail. I meant to get it out to you last night but my daughter came over with storage totes to clear out her old room and I wasn't about to let that chance go by. :) Even if I do hate my life a little this morning. I'll get in touch this evening.
no subject
Date: 2015-07-12 08:00 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-07-13 01:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-07-13 05:22 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-07-13 08:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-07-14 05:43 am (UTC)I just shot you an email.Look forward to hearing from you!... or not. I guess I had an outdated address for you. Do you want to email me at my LJ addy, and I'll reply?
no subject
Date: 2015-07-14 11:21 am (UTC)